Hibou Odoo Suite Enterprise: State of Ohio: New Hire Reporting
The purpose of this documentation is to outline the processes and requirements associated with reporting new hires in the state of Ohio.
New Hire Reporting
In Ohio, you are required to report new hires to the Ohio New Hire Reporting Center.
Ohio Revised Code Section 3121.89-3121.8911 requires all employers to submit their new hire reports within 20 days after the employee is hired. Reports must be submitted within 20 days of the date payments begin.
Employers who submit reports magnetically or electronically shall submit the reports in two monthly transmissions not more than sixteen days apart. Submitting quarterly wage reports to the Ohio Employment Security Commission does not satisfy the obligation to submit timely New Hire Reports.
Temporary Employees: Employees only need to be reported once and do not need to be re-reported each time they are placed with a new client. However, they do need to be reported if the worker has a break in service or a gap in wages from your company in excess of 60 days.
The information you'll be asked to provide is as follows:
Required Employer Information:
- Employer's Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN). If you have more than one FEIN, please make certain you use the same FEIN you use to report your quarterly wage information when reporting new hires.
- Employer's Name
- Employer's Payroll Processing Address
Required Employee Information:
- Employee's Name (First, Middle, Last)
- Employee's Mailing Address
- Employee's Social Security Number (SSN)
- Employee's Date of Hire
- State of Hire
Required Independent Contractor Information:
- Independent contractor's name
- Independent contractor's address
- Independent contractor's social security (SSN) or federal tax identification number (FEIN)
- Date payment begins
- Length of time the independent contractor will be performing services for the employer
Optional Employer Information:
- Employer income tax credit status
- Employer second address
Optional Employee and Independent Contractor Information:
- Employee gender
- Employee work status
- Employee's Date of Birth
You can also upload the report via a Secure File Transfer. Refer to these instructions to ensure you do so correctly. You may also submit a CD-R to the center at the address listed below.
If you use a payroll service, you can ask the service to report your new hires. See the Third-Party Payroll page for more information on how to do this.
If you do not wish to report electronically, you can report using the Ohio New Hire Reporting Form, a printed list that contains the required information on the New Hire Reporting Form or using a W-4 form. Mail or fax the reports here:
Ohio New Hire Reporting Center
P.O. Box 15309
Columbus, OH 43215
Fax: (888) 872 1611
For further information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page or the State and Federal Requirements Page. You can also contact the center by calling (888) 872 1490 or (614) 221 5330.