Accounting: Accounting: Setting Up NACHA
The purpose of this doc is to demonstrate the configuration of generating a NACHA file within the Accounting application of Odoo v15.
Begin by navigating to your Apps application.
Remove the Apps filter and search NACHA Payments to ensure the module is installed.
Now you will navigate to your Accounting application.
NACHA Configuration: All of this information must be provided by your bank, but the outcome will appear as such.
- Immediate Destination - Bank or Credit Union routing number
- Destination - Bank or Credit Union Name
- Immediate Origin - 10 digit company ID (i.e. your EIN) unless otherwise specified by your bank.
- Company Identification - This will contain your 10 digit company ID as well
- Origination Dfi Identification - Depository Financial Institution, this will contain your assigned 8 digit number
We'll then create some test payments to be "sent out".
- Payment Type: Send
- Currency: Select the appropriate currency
- Date: Select a future date or ensure the payment is sent before cut-off times if depositing the same day.
- Journal: The bank journal you configured NACHA for
- Payment Method: NACHA
- Vendor Bank Account: This will automatically populate with the bank account listed on the Vendor.
- Memo: Though it is not bolded, memos help later reconciliation and clearly define what a payment is for to the bank.
A modal window will appear with an exportable NACHA file.
The downloaded file will appear as such: