In this video, we review:
- Incoming Email Server configuration
- Outgoing Email Server configuration
- Incoming email routing
- User notification preferences
It is important that the inbox/user you setup for your incoming mail servers be configured as your catchall! This means that when email reaches your mail platform and it does not match an existing email address or alias within your organization, the catchall will receive the mail instead. The email within this catchall is then fetched and routed by Odoo.
It is important that the inbox/user you setup for outgoing mail (which can be the same as the one you are using for incoming mail) be capable of disabling strict from headers. This allows Odoo to send as though it is anyone with your organization to create more personalized experiences.
Incoming Email Routing
- Reply to Email from Odoo: Email is routed back to the original record
- Send Email to an Alias in Odoo: Email creates a record determined by the alias the email was sent to
- Send Email with No Alias Match in Odoo: Email creates a record determined by the action configured on the incoming email server (or does nothing, if no action is configured)